Sunday, December 31, 2006

Hizzah for the start of a new year.

I bought some Claudia in Ingrid's Blues. I'm making a pair of Jaywalkers for myself. I love how three stitches on each needle transform that sock from plain ol' stockinette into a fun zig-zag.
Tony is working on an OSU scarf for his step-dad. It's done all in seed sticth with alternating blocks of orange and black. In the first and last blocks he's embossing (?) the letters OSU onto a field of stockinette with a seed stitch border. I hope the OSU legal department doesn't hunt us down and demand restitution.

The knitted holiday gifts were big hits. Shiela loved the socks -- how could she not? they were merino and cashmere. And the Victor/Victoria scarf went over so well that Tony got asked to do the OSU scarf by a man with whom Tony has had very little positive interaction. Knitting: saves families. lol.

No comments: