Saturday, February 3, 2007

Knits, books and sad stuff

I'll start with the sad stuff since I don't want you to leave here feeling blue -- there's enough of that going on here. My kitty is sick. He's been losing weight for several weeks and I've had mixed feelings about what the cause may be or what to do about it. I know, I know: take him to the vet. Well the vet is a bit pricey but I guess I don't have much of a choice now. He wont leave his water bowl for more than a few minutes. He isn't eating and he walks like he's drunk. Actually, the stumble-walk would be amusing if it weren't sad. So we are going to the vet in the morning.

Knits: I received two packages in the past week. The first was from Knitpicks and contained two hanks of Wool of the Andes Bulky in Taupe and two sets of dpns (US 10.5 and 6). The 10.5s and the yarn were for my current instant gratification project: Brown Bag. The second package came from Maryink at etsy.com. I bought a tote for carrying my knit bits to work.

Books: I've noticed many blogs doing some version of the Bookworm thing, so here's mine.

Instructions:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag 5 people

This is from the book I picked up today. Can you guess what it is?

The Master calls for his coat. He's drunk and depressed over being so well celebrated. His apprentice, though, is giddy with relief. "Has it been a good evening, then, Casper?" says Iris as Caspar supports the Master and slides an arm through his.

Look here for the answer.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

let's see the tote bag!

Knit and fall back in it said...

I hate it when pets are sick. Hope kitty is feeling better soon.