Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Idol Time! Tonight: The Girls Bring It!

The Girls have saved the season and I'm soooo happy!
The guys are lucky that I scored them before seeing the girls because there would be 1-'s.
Scoring is the same as last night: singing/performing

Stephanie 4+/5 a great start to the show and good crowd response
Amy 3/3- Pitchy. She should leave the Bonnie Raitt alone.
Leslie 3+/3- she did okay with the crowd but I thought she looked awkward. Her personality was wrong for that song. Pitchy.
Sabrina 4+/5 Loved her personality and voice in the verse. The low parts were a little blah.
Antonella 2/2+ Wow that was pretty bad. Very pitchy and nervous. Poor treatment of the song.
Jordin 4-/4+ Cute. Ended better than she started. Good energy. Did Ryan call her fat?
Nicole 3+/4 Key a little low for her. Way over-sang and over-performed the song.
Haley 3+/3+ Nervous with weird breathing. A little Cabaret.
Melinda 5/5 Love her huge performance/voice. Yet she's so meek when she isn't singing.
Alaina 3/2+ Snore. Sooo Boring.
Gina 4-/3+ Saved it in the end -- although she about lost the big note. I like her big voice.
Lakisha 5/5 *Tears* Love her and everything about her.

I think that Antonella was the big flop tonight. But like Paul Kim, I think she'll get sympathy votes. I think that Alaina and Amy were both very forgettable. Leslie and Haley were nearly as bad. But the other 7 were Awesome!

When Lakisha brought out the Dreamgirls, AJ's homoness was soo confirmed. He was whooten and wavin' them arms like a big ol' queen.

During Idol Time I do get a lot of knitting done. I'm mostly finished with the first leg of the Sweetheart shorts -- just a few rows of 1x1 ribbing left w00t!

7 comments:

Marianne said...

I've been enjoying reading your Idol reviews....funny!

Knit and fall back in it said...

I only saw a little of Idol last night, but what I saw was much better than the first night. Maybe it will be worth watching after all.

Anonymous said...

OMG...I so agree. The girls, overall, kicked butt last night! I love Lakisha. I hope she makes it all the way. And she is so shy about it too.

Marianne said...

Did anybody else think it funny that they kept saying the girls did 'out of the box' or something like that,
....box...? I was laughing.
I had saved it and watched it this afternoon and although I don't know their names...these are their numbers and the ones I picked to hopefully carry on:
1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 12, and maybe 7.
Lakisha rocks. Big time. I would love to see her win it.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Oh no, she did not just say "box".

Marianne said...

Well, Bobby had to watch it last night, the recording of the girls, and yes...'they blew it out of the box' can you believe that? I was rolling with laughter.

Marianne said...

WHAT?!?!?!?!? No review on last night's show?????

(I haven't watched it....yet)